Friday, October 9, 2015

Chrstmas Organizer! (And a How-To)!

Hello!  Today I have a project I am showing over on The Crafty Scrapper's design team blog.  They really like their blog posts to be short and sweet, unlike my blog.  So, today I have the couple of photos I showed there plus several more and I also have the measurements and a bit of a how-to.  They gave me a bunch of sheets of 12 x 12 papers, a 6 1/2 inch pad and a package of die cut shapes all from Kaisercraft, A Touch of Gold line.  I thought that maybe I should come up with something more than just  a card.  So, of course, I went looking for ideas on Pinterest.  And this is the result.  First, let me share with you some photos ....enjoy!
 
Here is the holiday organizer closed ...
 
 
 

And here it is fully opened ...




This next one shows how it folds ...
 


Backside of  the whole organizer ...



Close-up of one of the pages.  This is one of two pages that has a pocket to hold stuff  ...



The next photo is a side view to show you the closure ...



These two little die cuts were used to help create the closure ...


Before I get to the measurements and the how-to, did you see the inserts in the pockets?  I found these on a website and they are free to download.  Here is their address .... www.organizedchristmas.com.  And go here for the direct link to the planner printables.  My planner is made similar to one that is showed on this website but of course, I made a few changes to make it work for me. 

The planner is made with two 12 x 12 pieces of cardstock for the base.  I found cardstock in my stash that has a shimmer on one side and that is what I used, but any would work fine.
 
 
1.Take the first piece of cardstock and trim off 1 1/2" from one side.  Without turning cardstock, score at 3 1/2" and 7".  Rotate the sheet and score at 8 1/2".  Fold this flap up.  This will create the bottom pocket for the right side of the organizer.  The vertical lines are folded one valley and one mountain.  Set this sheet aside.
2.  Take the second piece of cardstock and score it at 3 1/2", 4", 7 3/4", and 8 1/4".  Turn your sheet so that the smallest vertical portion is on the right hand side.  Now, you will want to make a score line at 8 1/2" across the bottom.  You will cut off the bottom right hand square.  Here is a visual.
 



 
3.  Do you see on sheet above where I say add the tape?  Add score tape around the perimeter of this rectangle only.  Adhere the first prepared sheet of cardstock on it's left side to this rectangle with adhesive.  You will now have a long folded organizer.  Now, you will want to add some scor-tape to the pocket portion where the horizontal score line is and also create a pen holder.  See photo ...


 
Before folding the pocket up, I added paper to each section as shown in the photo below...



Note, I used some of the paper pad sheets.  They didn't come all the way down to the score line, but it didn't matter because when the flap goes up, it covers it. 
 
That is pretty much it.  You just keep covering the sections and decorate as desired.  I printed the labels on my printer and then die cut them out with Spellbinders Labels 4.  I do want to tell you how the closure came about because my original idea was to use a couple of the Basic Grey magnets, but so many thick papers just didn't keep it closed good enough, so in the end, I went with the ribbon closure idea.  I like it!  Oh, the pockets ... I made envelopes with the We R Memory Keepers punch board and then made each into an envy, cut off one side and glued the open part down.  These made for perfect pockets!  One last thing, I added some gold striped washi tape from my stash to cover up some of the spots where there were some gaps!  It is paper so it is NEVER perfect! 

I hope that I explained the steps so you can understand them and so you can make yourself a holiday organizer.  If you have questions, let me know, and I will do my best to help you!
 
See you tomorrow for the sketch share!
Happy Stamping!
Tina
 




 










0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com