Monday, June 15, 2015

Birthday Cake Shaker!

Hello!  I am back today with another shaker card.  Yes, another shaker!  I am having so much fun with these, I just don't want to stop making them.  I decided to make one with a big three tiered cake with three separate shaker holes.  This one I made for my granddaughter who turned sweet 16 yesterday!  I have a couple of behind the scenes look at how I did it, but first let me show you the finished cake card, inside and out! (Oh, one more thing, I asked her what her favorite colors were and she told me red and black ...)  Enjoy!



The Front!


And the inside.  I tucked in her birthday money in the vertical DP strip.
To create the holes for the cake, I used 3 spellbinders dies ...

 
One note here ... I used some washi tape to hold my dies in place, but when I tried to remove them it took the paper too!  Yuk!  By the way, these dies cut not only the DP but also the fun foam underneath.  Die cutting fun foam is the best thing in the world and that is why I like shaker cards so much! Next photo shows the different colors in the holes ...


The paper I used on the front with the hearts came from an Echo Park pad called Yours Truly and it was the only heart piece left in the pad.  I realized too late that maybe I should have placed the die cuts closer together.  I really wanted to use the heart DP, so I made it work.  I think a thinner scallop die between each of the rectangles would have looked better on the front, but I had to go with the wider one with the spacing that I did.  All in all, I like the way it came out.

Funny thing, is a friend of mine told me about a great place to order sequins called Cartwrights.  I had just got my order in the mail and was hoping to use some of the bright colors I got, but then my granddaughter told me red and black were her colors, and so ... that means ... there are more shaker cards in my future so I can use these ...


See you soon!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com