Tuesday, May 12, 2015

May Class Share!

Hello!  I finished my May class cards last Friday.  I had planned to do a post on them on Saturday afternoon, but then we had a big electrical storm on Friday night that seemed to have taken out our modem.  The crazy part is that at first, I thought the modem was okay and was trying to fix another computer issue (Ethernet cable).  In the end, it was the modem all along.  So, now I have internet back to show you my class cards!  Last month's class was such a great class with such great reception, I had a little trouble deciding what I wanted to do this month.  Looking around on the internet, I came across some you tube videos on shaker cards and making them different than having to cut the 3M foam tape in layers.  This part has always frustrated me.  So, with a new idea and new products that The Crafty Scrapper got in from My Favorite Things, I decided to create some shaker cards!  I love the title of my class .... "Whole Lot of Shakin' Goin' On"!  Here are my cards ... enjoy!

First up, is a shake card in a die shape...

 And the inside ...


Next, is a shaker frame ...



I left the inside blank without a sentiment but I am matching the inside paper with the paper I used on the birdhouse on the front ...



And lastly, they call this one a "peek a boo" shaker, because the sentiment peeks thru the opening ..;

 
 Here is a look with it sitting at an angle ...

 
 And here is it opened, you can now get the full view ...


I love how all three came out!  And, I love how I combined seed beads and sequins to give it some extra shake!  The seed beads are from my stash when I had the store, so it feels great to get to use them. Below is the class description and the details if you are local or even if you are not.  I seem to be having quite a number of long distance people order my kits, pretty cool.  The Crafty Scrapper's number is 972-923-3151.

 
Whole Lot of Shakin' Goin' On!    Wed.  May 27th 11:00 a.m. and Sat. May 29th 2:30 p.m. $28
I have always loved shaker cards, but cutting and layering tapes to make them is frustrating.  No more of that as I have found an easy fix!  You are going to love it too!  In class, you will be creating three creative and fun shaker cards using some new favorite stamps and dies from My Favorite Things.  Please bring adhesive to include 1/4" scor-tape, micro glue dots, detailed scissors, and your preferred coloring medium.  (Copics I used -Card #3: E00m R27, BG23, E35, E37).  All other supplies provided.
 
I have quite a number of cards that I recently made to show you.  So, hopefully, I will pop in tomorrow to show you one of those!
 
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com