Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Lead Me to The Cross!

Hello!  Today's card is a spiritual one that I made that would be perfect for sympathy, get well, or just thinking of you.  It is actually an idea I was going to do when I made additional Easter cards, but I ran out of time.  It has been floating around in my head ever since, so I knew it would be a perfect card to make for my friend at church since she was asking for get well and sympathy cards.  Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
First off, I want to say I love that sentiment ..."Lead me to the cross" ... that says it all, to me.  The papers I used are scraps from my Easter class, as I made a similar type card but with an arched window.  This cross is from a set of crosses that I got at the Grapevine convention at the Our Daily Bread Designs booth.  I own both of the original sets of crosses from Spellbinders, but my friend doesn't it, and we had been looking for one of the sets for her.  Well, this set is made by Spellbinders but is different and was made especially for Our Daily Bread.  She loved it and put in her basket.  And the end, yes, you know it, I thought I should have it too.  The larger size cross die that I used today is so pretty and is a lot prettier than the larger crosses in the other two sets. 
 
I do want to talk about the stained glass effect I created.  This was part of my Easter class.  What you do is die cut your cross and place clear packing tape on the back side of the cross.   The sticky part will be up (thru the holes).  You now add clear glitter over all the sticky part.  Then, on the back side, you color with your copics or sharpies. This creates that subtle color and stained glass effect!  Easy Peasy!
 
See you soon!
Happy Stamping!
Tina
 
  
 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com