Monday, February 9, 2015

An Explosion of Explosion Boxes!

Hello!  As you know my last class was a huge hit!  I made 32 kits with 19 ladies in two classes and the rest were sold as kits for them to complete at home.  That is a big wow!  Usually after a class, I am done with that one and I am on to the next project.  But, not this time, as you might remember me mentioning that before I had sent my sample box off to the store, I showed it to three ladies at my church, who promptly asked if I would made some for them!  Of course, I said sure.  What was I thinking, really?  I mean making the whole box is different than just cutting the pieces.  It takes tons of adhesive and time!  In fact, it took me all last week to make these 7 boxes and I went through a whole roll of ATG tape and half of a roll of 1/8" scor-tape!  I took them to church yesterday morning and I am happy to report that the three ladies were all happy with the boxes ... thank goodness!  Yes, they did pay me.  I probably could have charged them more, but that is okay.  All their boxes were made out of different papers which allowed me to be a little creative instead of just making them all the same.  I did one major change than the class kits and I will show you that, but first, let me show you the explosion group photo!  Enjoy!

 

 
Below is the inside of the class kit one ... do you see the closed pocket with the twine and the brad?  Well, I really love the look of this, but I thought this would make me too crazy to do this twine/brad embellishment on every one of them!  I mean we are talking 7 boxes times 4 for each one, that is 28?!  I don't think so!  You can see that I just changed it to two more open pockets.  I have a photo below for each box so that you can see them better ... enjoy!









Okay, before I show you the last one, I want to tell you that one of the ladies wanted a boy one for her grandson.  Let me tell you, it is not that easy to find Valentine boy paper.  I had one sheet that I thought could work and below is a piece of it ...

 
 So, I combined this one paper with some others to make the box ...

 
 And here is a close-up of the top ...

 
This blog has always been my way of documenting all of my handmade items.  So, thanks for letting me share all the boxes with you!  I hope you liked them!

My next project is my next class samples , but after such a successful one, I am having a hard time figuring out what I want to make.  I am off to my room to hopefully, make that happen!  I also hope to get time to make just a couple of Valentine cards to send.  So, hopefully, you will see some results from me in a couple of days!
 
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com