Friday, December 5, 2014

Marley Moose x 3!

Hello!  I got a couple of new stamp sets recently.  I am showing you one of them today and three different cards I made with it.  I also made more of each one, as I am working on my stash of cards to send out.  When I first get a new stamp set, I usually go to the internet to find card ideas that others have made or look at sketches that would fit the size of the image. Sometimes I just have an idea about one as soon as I see it.  Which ever way, I usually pick one idea.  But, for this stamp set, I couldn't decide which one to do, so I went with three!  Two are sketches that I thought would be perfect and one is a case (copy and share everything), which I will link.  Here is the first of the two sketch ones ...


 
I paper pieced his scarf and mittens to match the paper.  The ribbon was added mainly because I get a little black ink on the fully colored panel, and I was trying to cover it up.  but, I like the addition, which makes the ribbon a "happy mistake"!  You can't see it, but I did add a little clear glitter on the two red bows.  This paper was some that I was given for the design team to make cards with, but I thought the "sweater" like pattern was a good fit for Marley's sweater! 

Next, is a simple card, but just as cute ...


On this one, I just colored to match my papers.  This one came about because I thought that diagonal paper would fit on a Marley card nicely, but I only had one 6 x 6 of it, so I found a sketch that I could use a small portion and still make several cards. 

The last idea is from a card I cased here.  I loved the concept but hers is little too clean and simple for my style, so here is mine ...

 
In a lot of the 6 x 6 pads, there are papers that look like wood grain, but I went through all my pads, and I could not find any, at least not any that were the dark brown color I was looking for.  So, my next search was for a wood mount stamp from Hero Arts.  I found it and stamped on dark brown paper ... perfect!  See the snow?  They were created with a set of new dies from MFT!  I also did a little paper piecing on the gift. 

I love how all three cards came out!  Marley is one cute guy!


Recipe:  (Note: Most all the papers were from my stash, only the papers from card #1 are new)
Card #1 -
Paper - Autentique Cozy Collection, "Flurries", "Bundle", Cardstock Red, White

Stamps - Reverse Confetti Quirky Cuties Marley Moose
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Other - Ribbon by Creative Impressions, Red Rhinestones, Wink of Stella Glitter pen

Card #2 -
Paper - Echo Park 6 x 6 Holly Jolly Christmas (from 2011), Simple Stories Green Snowflake, Cardstock White, Green

Stamps - Reverse Confetti Quirky Cuties Marley Moose
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Other - Green Pearls, Wink of Stella Glitter pen

Card #3 -

Paper - Bella Blvd. Christmas Countdown, Brown (backside of American Crafts DP), Carta Bella Merry & Brights (2012)=tiny paper for gift,  Cardstock White, Red
Stamps - Reverse Confetti Quirky Cuties Marley Moose, Hero Arts Woodgrain

Ink - Memento Black, Copics, Tim Holtz Distress Gathered Twigs ink (for woodgrain)
Tools - My Favorite Things Stitched Snowdrifts
Other - Green Pearls, Wink of Stella Glitter pen

I am off to make some cards with my other new stamp set!  I will see you tomorrow for the sketch share.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com