Monday, December 8, 2014

Design Team Project Posted on The Crafty Scrapper Blog Today!

Hello, it's Tina here to share with you today. 
 
 We were given a challenge to decorate snowflakes and stars made out of Smoothfoam for the store. 
I have to admit I did fret over this project, as I am better with paper.  And then I thought, why can't I make mine with paper too, and that is when they started coming together. 
Here are my two favorites ...
 

Both of these were painted all over with metallic acrylic paint.  The silver star was then decorated by adding an adorable angel stamped image in the middle.  I added the letters to spell PEACE with Thickers letters and added the sticker borders around the edges.  I colored both the letters and the borders with a red Copic marker. 

On the second star, I added  a poinsettia die cut from glitter paper and a Happy Holidays sticker.
 
Both stars have fancy tied ribbons which I cannot take credit for.
  A friend helped me out, as I am not a bow-maker.  Thanks Dianna!
 
For the third one, I decided to do something different. Not really a good idea, as I thought the finished piece looked like something a 10 year old made.  So, brace yourself ...
 
 
I went glitter CRAZY!  I used 19 different colors!  On a good note, I did get to use a lot of glitters that were in my stash.  After finishing the front, and getting glitter EVERYWHERE, I decided to just do clear glitters on the backside. 
 
When I finished the glittering I didn't like it but I thought I could make it better by adding color on the sides.  No, for sure, I made it worse! 
 
Be sure to check out all the snowflakes and stars creations at The Crafty Scrapper!
(And remember, you have my okay to give a little giggle when you see my snowflake!)  
 
Happy Stamping!
Tina
 
 
 


 
 
 

 
 
 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com