Friday, September 5, 2014

September Class Share!

Hello!  I worked on my next class samples early in the week and was able to take them to the store on Wednesday, but I knew I also wanted to get them on here for you to see.  I think in the past for the September class, I have done 2 Halloween cards and 1 fall card, but this class ended up being 1 Halloween and 2 fall.  And, that is just they way it worked out with the papers and stamps I had to work with.  You see, the store is moving to bigger and better location just around the corner and because of that, some of their ordering dates have been moved.  I know from experience, the less you have to move the better!  So, I used stamps I know they can get and the papers they did get.  I have to say, the first two came together pretty quick, but then the third, well, I just didn't know what I wanted to do and I messed with it and messed with it, finally giving up for the night.  The next day, it just came together so easily.  The moral to this is if you are not feeling it, walk away and come back to it!  I did not take my own advice!  Let me show you my cards ... enjoy!


First up, is my favorite one, an adorable Halloween card.  It is a variation of a tri fold shutter card ...

 
 Above, is how it looks closed, and then when you open it up ...


 
The best thing about this variation, is the fact that is have a great place to write you sentiment.
Card #2 is a Wiper and you will see why it is called that in a bit, but first below is how it looks closed...



And then the sides are pulled, and it reveals this pop-up wiper mechanism ...



This card had no place for the sentiment, so I made the pocket on the front of the card.  Here is the inside ...

 
 And last but not least, is the third fall card.  This one is a very simple pocket card but so pretty!

 
 Below shows the panel pulled out of the pocket ...


If you can come or would like a class kit, here are the details ...
Fun Folds for Fall!  Wed. September 17th 11:00 a.m. and September 20th 11:00 a.m. $25
 Come make three unique and creative cards for Halloween and Fall, each with some easy fun folds.  First, we have a variation of a shutter card with some cute Halloween characters.  Next, is a wiper card in a fall theme with an added pocket on the front, and lastly, we have an easy pocket card with beautiful papers from Graphic 45.  Please bring adhesive to include 1/8" scor-tape, pop up dots, detailed scissors, bone folder, and your preferred coloring medium.  Copics used (only listed for those who what to know what I used ahead of time) Card 1: YG03, V15, Y35, C1, C3, C7, YR04, E37, Card 2: E50, E33, E08, YG95, YR14, YR23, Card 3: Y38/YR14, YG17, G28, R46, V06, Y35, G43, C0.

Note time change for the Saturday class.  This is because if the new store is ready by that day, they are planning to start moving right after my class! 

I will see you tomorrow for the Saturday share.  Even though I don't seem to be making a lot of cards, I always make sure I do this one, so you'll always have a little weekly inspiration. 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com