Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Boo ... From Me to You!

Hello!  Below is my post that is on The Crafty Scrapper's blog today.  At the bottom, you will find the card recipe.  Enjoy!
 
 
Hello, it is Tina here, with another fun and creative card for you!
 
As soon as I saw the spider paper from Authentique, I knew I wanted to play with an idea I saw of a 3D pumpkin.  Check out my card ...
 
 


The next photo taken from the side shows the dimension.

To make the pumpkin, all you do is either die cut or punch six circles, each with a smaller circle cut out or punched out of the middle. Fold each in half and glue together.  Super simple.  Since it is just paper, it will fold flat for mailing. 
 
Even though the main focus of my card is definitely the pumpkin, there are quite a number of other elements including a little spider web charm die from My Favorite Things, pretty ribbon and a sentiment on a punched tag.  Here is a close-up.
 
 

You can see the card in person and get all the supplies you need to make it at our favorite scrapbook store, The Crafty Scrapper!
 
I am not allowed to add the card recipe on their blog because they want to customers to go to the store to find out what was used, which does make sense.  But, on my blog, I really like to add the card ingredients if I know them ....

Recipe:
Paper - Authentique Collection: "Ominous" (plaid), "Tangled" (orange dot and backside spider print), Cardstock Black, Natural White
Stamps - Darcies Lots of Smiles Halloween set (sentiment)
Ink - Memento Black
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Circles, Impression Obsession Mini Leaves (die set, stem was just cut from scratch), My Favorite Things Halloween charms web die, McGill tag punch
Other - Wink of Stella Clear glitter pen, Black Pearls, Sheer Ribbon



I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it would be a creative idea to share on their blog. They give me a lot of scrapbook elements like chipboard, charms, etc to use on my cards, but as you know, that doesn't always correlate with my style of cards.  I figure if I can come up with basic fold-over cards (simpler than my class ones) that have some kind of creative element, like the pumpkin, in this case, that will work the best!  Thoughts?
 
Happy Stamping!
Tina  
 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com