Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hello Butterfly! (+ Bonus Tutorial)

Hello!  My card for the day is on The Crafty Scrapper's blog.  But, I of course, want to share it here with you too.  One important element that I added on my card is a bow made with the We R Memory Keepers punch board.  Because it is simple to make, I decided to do a tutorial on how to make it.  The design team coordinator has expressed that we should limit our photos to four or five when writing our posts.  I went a little over as my post has six.  Here on my blog, there are no such rules, so I have added a couple of photos below to give you more visual.  Enjoy!


Hello!  Tina here, with another card creation, using some pretty papers and supplies from The Crafty Scrapper! 



In my recent class I taught at the store, I showed how to make an easy bow with the We R Memory Keepers Punch Board.  Below is a quick tutorial just for you.

First, cut the paper into 1" x 6", 1" x 4" and 1" x 1/2".  Take the 1" x 6" strip and insert in your punch board at the 3 inch mark and punch.


Turn it around and punch directly across from the first punch by also lining up the strip at the 3" mark.  After the two indentions are made, you will corner round all 4 corners with the corner rounder on the backside of the punch board.
 
 
 
Next, take the 1" x 4" strip and insert it in your punch board, this time at the 2" mark.
 
 
Again, turn it around and punch directly across from the first punch by also lining up the strip at the 2" mark.  The difference is this time, we are not going to use the corner rounder, but instead, insert each end into the front punch, as close to the middle as possible.





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Your two strips should look like this ...
 
 


 
The shorter one will be the bottom layer.  The longer one will become the top.  On the longer one, take each end and make a loop where the rounded sides meet together. 
 
 
The small strip will go around the middle, or in the case, of the card I showed today, you can opt to add a button or other embellishment. Note here that the small strip might need to be trimmed width wise to make it fit.  I think the instructions I saw said to make it 1/4" wide, but I thought that wasn't wide enough, so I changed it to 1/2" and opted to trim slightly if needed.
 
 
That is it!  Easy Peasy!

You can find all the supplies and see this card in person at The Crafty Scrapper!
 
Recipe: (This is something else that is not seen on their blog)!

Paper - KaiserCraft Kaleidoscope Collection: "Expression" (floral), "Blank Canvas" (pink pattern), Cardstock White, Pink, Mint Green, Vellum
Stamps - Hello from Inky Antics Simple Sentiments set
Ink - Memento Black, Copics behind Butterfly Acetate
Tools - We R Memory Keepers Punch Board, Spellbinders Classic Circles, Classic Scallop Circle, Darice Wire Fence embossing folder
Other - Maya Road Butterfly Acetate, Button, Rhinestones by Queen & Co.

I love how this card came out.  In class, the bow was used like a bow on a gift box, but I wanted to create a card for their blog that showed the bow as just a card element.  I did just that!  So pretty, I think!  What about you, do you like it?
 
Happy Stamping!
Tina

 


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com