Saturday, August 9, 2014

August Class Share!

Hello!  This is my second post of the day, on this late Saturday afternoon.  So, if you missed my usual Saturday post, be sure to scroll down to see it.  I finished my class cards a day or two ago, but just now getting time to do the post to show you the next class samples.  Summer is a time where I can teach cards that combine the store papers with supplies that I have in my stash from companies they have ordered from before and can easily get.  I remember from when I had my store, there were certain times of the year, that you just didn't want to spend money ordering, knowing you would soon be ordering seasonal stuff that was so important.  In some ways, I love the freedom I have in creating with whatever will work.  My favorite kind of cards to make are ones that can be used for many occasions, so that you can just add your inside sentiment and be done.  And that is how these cards will be.  So, here are my class cards ...enjoy!

First up, is what they call a napkin fold card.  Not sure of this title, as I don't fold my napkins this way!  It is one of those folding type cards that look like it was hard to make, but really it is pretty darn simple to make!

 
When it is all opened up, it looks like this and that middle section opens up, so that you can add your sentiment and write your message ...

 
 Next, is a diorama card, one that we have done before.  But, a super easy one that I wanted to repeat.   The fun, creativity part is using die cuts to create the scene ...

 
 This is the backside where your message will go ...

 
 And this shows a side view, so you can see the "diorama" ...



And lastly, the third card is called a spring side card or I also saw that someone called it a twist turn card.  It's quite unique and one that was on my "to do" list! 

 
 This shows the opening and the place for your message.  Definitely, an interesting card!


Here are the class details ... Remember even if you are not local, or if you just can't come, I do kits that are complete with instructions and photos.  All you have to do is put them together!

Butterfly Smiles - Wed. August 20 11 a.m. and August 23rd 2:30 p.m. $25
This month's cards are all smaller size cards, but that doesn't change the fact that they are unique and creative. The first card is a napkin fold card.  I love cards that look difficult, but are so easy to make!  The second card is a fun diorama card using several die cuts from Impression Obsession. And, the last one is what they call a spring side card or a twist turn card.  Two diagonal score lines make this unique card.  No theme on the cards for this month, other than each has butterflies on it, hence the title.  All the cards would be perfect to send for numerous occasions.  I also have a small bonus project in class, where you will learn how to line any size envelope with the We R Memory Keepers punch board!   Please bring adhesive to include scor tape (1/8", and larger), clear adhesive (like glossy accents or quicky glue pen),  pop-up dots, detailed scissors, a bone folder (or other scoring tool), and your preferred coloring medium.  All other supplies provided.  (Copics used (for those who have asked to know ahead of time): card 3:E00, E35, BG57, G40, YR61, R32, R35, Y15)

I have to share one more thing about this class and it is about the class title.  Before. the cards were even done, I had that quote in my head ..."good things come in small packages" and so I thought I would just change that a little and call my class ..."good cards come in small envelopes".  Well, then, when the cards were all done and I was working on the bonus project of showing how to make an liner for any size envelope, I realized that none of the envelopes were small, so then I thought maybe I would change it to "good greetings come in small cards".  In the end, I decided that no one would "get it" (except you because I am sharing my thoughts), so I changed it to something simple because it seems that all three cards have at least one butterfly on them, not planned, but they do!

And lastly, the store has made signing up for classes, whether you are coming or getting a  kit so easy, as now you can do all of that directly on their website including paying,  Good job! 
www.thecraftyscrapper.com
 
Thanks for listening to my thoughts.   I really love sharing with you.
Happy Stamping!

Tina  .

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com