Hello! I got a few nice comments about the cards and card pouch that I showed you yesterday. I am back today to show you my next couple of sets. Remember the two cards that I showed you last week, the "praying for you cards"? The ones I had made for two customers but I didn't have their addresses ... well, I decided (can we say, what was I thinking ... mistake!) that the butterfly card was so pretty, it would make a great card set, so I tore the front panel off the original card and made 3 more to match. And I say that decision was a mistake because yesterday I got an email from the customer with her address! I fessed up, told the truth of what I had done, and made her a very similar card and it is on the way to her. I am telling you this mainly because when you see the cards in this post, you are going to think I have seen that before. And you have. I also need to tell you about how I ended up with more card pouches. You see, I really thought the card pouches were a little bit of trouble since I had to make the pockets and all, plus, I had to have a 12 x 12 inch cardstock for them to work, so I went back to Pinterest to find another idea. And I found this idea ...
This was more simple and the whole box is made from one piece of 8 1/2 x 11, which I have more of. But, when I took it up to the church to show the ladies, they did not think I could get as much for the set of 4 cards in this box as I can in the pouch. And I see no reason to get less money when all I have to do is make a pouch! So pouch it is ...
And here is the set of 4 cards. Two are exactly like the one from last week's post and two are the same but different papers and they have the sentiment "God Bless You"....
When I did the cross cards yesterday, I had enough papers to do two sets of 4. And so, I decided I could do another set out of the same paper pad, if I just change the color scheme a little and so here is pouch #2 ...
I have one more picture and then I will get to the recipe and some instructions. When I was putting the above cards back in the pockets, this happened ...
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Simply Spring 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Yellow, Green, Peach
Stamps - Hero Arts Butterfly stamp and die cut set, all sentiments from Verve
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Spellbinders Lacey Circles, Stampin' Up Word Punch for Pouch
Other - Rhinestones by Queen & Co., Ribbon
Here is what I saw on Pinterest. You have to scroll down to see hers. She gives a link for instructions on Splitcoast Stampers and it is here. But, this one is smaller and only will fit small square cards. But, I was reading in the comments that someone adjusted the measurements to make A-2 size cards work! I went with those measurements, but found that I had to do further adjusting for my pockets, as my cards that I create are thicker than most. So, this will give you a couple of choices depending on what size cards you are making. For mine ... here are the instructions ...
1. Cardstock is cut to 7" x 12". You score on the long side in the middle at 5 1/2" and 6 1/2" creating a 1" space. Round all 4 corners. Punch the Stampin' Up word punch thru the top of both layers to make the handle. (I made a small mark in the middle to know where to punch and just slid the punch down about a 1/2"). Decorate the outside of your pouch.
2. The pockets I made from cardstock - 3 3/4" x 8 1/4". I scored 1/4" and then 1/2" on both short sides, and the same on one of the long sides. I cut away the little squares of the two bottom corners so when I folded, it would not be bulky. I added 1/4" score tape to the 1/4" folds and secured this to the inside of the pouch. The cardstock pieces on top of the pockets measure 6 1/2" x 2 3/4".
3. I added ribbon and secured it on the back side above the punched hole. That way it is always attached even if the pouch is not tied up.
I hope between the links I gave you and my written instructions, you can recreate these. Oh, do you agree that these pouches will bring more money than the box would have? I guess it doesn't matter now, as I am doing the pouches no matter what. And truthfully, they seem a little easier since I have made a couple more! I plan on making more sets of cards with their pouches before the bazaar on Oct. 25th, so I will show you those when I get them made.
I did have one other question from yesterday about the coasters. I was asked if they came out cloudy. Well, I haven't sprayed them yet with the Krylon. I have a couple that didn't come out very good and was going to trash them. Maybe I will hold on to them and spray them first to see the results. I will keep you posted.
I know two very long posts, two days in a row. Thanks for staying with me! I will see you tomorrow for the sketch share!