Hello! The Methodist women from my church are doing a bazaar at the end of October, so last week, I decided since I am teaching three different classes before then, that I should not wait until the last week to try to make cards or something for it. The group has gotten together a few times to make several projects, but I know that I will want to add some of my creations as well. So, last week, I went to Pinterest to find some ideas. I came away with a whole list of things. But, a couple of things I tried, like a luminary type candle holder and a Christmas tree made from scallop circles went straight into the trash. Sometimes, things on Pinterest look better on Pinterest! I also decided I should narrow the list down, as I don't have time to make them all. One of the craft type ideas was to take tiles (from Lowe's) and mod podge napkins onto them, spray them with Krylon, add cork on the back and tye four together with a bow. Truthfully, I wasn't all that happy with them, as they came out with a lot of wrinkles. But, I showed them to the ladies at the last meeting and they thought the wrinkles gave them character! So, we got together yesterday and a couple of the ladies help me make a few more. I brought home the rest of the tiles to make a few more, and do all the finishing on them. I will do a post later when they all get done, but for now, here is a pic of a couple of the tiles.
See the wrinkles? These two were some of the first ones I made. Since then, I saw a video from someone that suggested waiting until the mod podge layer under the napkin dries before adding the mod podge top layer. I think this helps some, but it definitely doesn't totally fix the issue. The Krylon spray to seal the coasters says to use it when it is in the 50 to 85 degree range .... well, it might be 85 at midnight, but we haven't seen 85 degree days in a while. But, surely we will before the 25th of October!
I figure I do my best work with cards and such, instead of these craft projects. I decided note card sets would be a good idea. With note cards, I do not have to do anything at all on the insides, which not only makes them easier but also keeps the cost down for me. Which is important since I am donating my materials and time. I also want the cards to be different than the type cards the ladies pay me to make for them. So, note cards it is! Let me show you the first set ... and a close-up of one ... enjoy!
|The Close-up of One|
|Outside of the Card Pouch!|
|Inside of the Card Pouch!|
Paper - Die Cuts with a View Linen Closet (oh... I have one comment about this paper ... this is one of those 4 x 6 stacks and is one that I never really liked all that much, light blues and browns, just not my colors ... BUT ... for this project, BEAUTIFUL! That goes to show you, you never know when something you bought that you don't "think" you like, will as some point be perfect for a future project!), Cardstock Natural White, and this perfect Tan cardstock from American Crafts
Stamps - none (shhh ... don't tell anyone!)
Tools - Spellbinders Crosses One and Two, Timeless Rectangles, Stampin' Up Word Punch (for pouch handles)
Other - Ribbon by Midori
See you tomorrow!
P.S. If anyone needs the measurements for the pouch, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get them to you!